Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Get It

Have you ever gone to the theatre and thought to yourself, "I wish I looked like him/her," or "I wished I lived like that?"

Well, STOP IT!

This is the theatre. This is not reality. Playwrights get paid to create delicious fantasies for us to enjoy for a couple of hours.

However, that should not stop you from getting the life that you want. Who else is stopping you?

First of all, stop saying "If I had done _____, I'd be happy," or "If I had money..." because once you realize that "if" is one of the saddest words in the English language, you will be happy. Stop wishing for the life that you want. Get it.

Do you have a friend that you wish you were more like? We all do. We find people that we want to be with so that maybe their good fortune will rub off on us. "I want to look like my friend." "I want to make more money than my friend."

Well, guess what. Your friend isn't all that.

I know.

I've met your friend.

Right now you're wishing you were more like your friend while your friend is wishing he/she were more like you.

The time to do something about your life is Now.

Here is a comforting thought.

It is always Now.

Get It.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay ppokie...yu say "if" is one of the saddest words in the english language but i would like to propose an opposing opinion....

think about the following thoughts/phrases and think about where we would be IF they were never sparked into anyones imagination...

-what if the world isn't flat

-if i train a little longer i can do it...i can win

-you won't know if you don't try

-you'll never know the answer if you don't ask

-i'd like to ask if you'll spend the rest of your life with me

"if" does not represent the positive or negative of any situation. "if" represents the gate or the hurdle that you either stand behind miserably or leap across grandly!